Whether you are attending a trade show, planning a wedding or hosting a banquet, the right table skirting can make a dramatic difference in the look and feel of your event. For gatherings like wedding receptions and banquets, table skirts can provide a touch of elegance, helping to pull together the look of the room. At trade shows, on the other hand, they can provide a hidden place where you can store marketing materials, samples or other goods.
Getting the look that you want starts by choosing the right skirting. The following tips will help you select the right table skirts for your next event:
1. Start by considering the shape of the table. Whether you have round, square or rectangular tables will determine which style of skirting is appropriate.
2. Take accurate measurements of your table. Getting a great fit with a table skirt relies on having precise measurements. Be sure to measure both the length and width of the table, as well as the height. All three measurements are necessary for getting a great fit.
3. Think about the type of material that is appropriate for your event. For example, for fancy events such as weddings or banquets, you may want to opt for fine linen or other elegant types of fabric. For something more casual such as a children’s parties, however, you may be able to get by with a less expensive plastic skirt instead.
4. Choose the color carefully. Because it reaches from the top of the table to the floor, skirting takes up a lot of visual space in a room. Because of this, the colors that you choose can have a dramatic visual impact on the look and feel of the space. Think about what you want the finished room to look like and plan your colors accordingly. For instance, if you are going for a clean, elegant look, try using white table skirts. If, on the other hand, want something more festive, try mixing colors in bright, bold shades of pink, yellow, green, red, purple or blue.
5. Next, think about the style of skirting that you want. Generally, there are two main types of pleats that you can choose. The first type is box pleating, where two creases face in opposite directions with a raised area in between. The second style is a shirred pleat, which is created by gathering the fabric together to create small, even draping. Different manufacturers may also offer other styles of pleating, so be sure to shop around to find the right look for your event.
6. Think about how easy the skirts are to install and remove. Most modern table skirts install with Velcro tape, although there are other installation methods available. Ideally you should look for skirting that can be hung in a matter of minutes.
These are just a few of the main factors to consider when shopping for table skirting. By carefully thinking about your needs and the look you are going for, you can find the perfect skirting for your next event.